Register or login, or you ain't gettin' any pancake mix.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Register or login, or you ain't gettin' any pancake mix.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role models

Ramster
    Ramster
    Creator

Role models Empty Role models

Post by Ramster

I realized today what bad examples adults give kids.
    The best example is TOYS and CARTOONS.

Let us take a little boy that watches Bob The Builder.
    First of all, the name BOB is a short for ROBERT. So instead of looking like an educated person, calling himself Robert, this builder is Bob, the guy from the pub that tells dirty jokes. Second, why builder? I mean, why not Larry the Lawyer or Paul the Policeman? Is BUILDER the best profession we want to teach kids? I mean, not with the economy and all, can BOB pay his bills? Can he pay his bank loans? God knows he has bank loans, where does he get funds to build all the time?
    Winnie the Pooh? So, a lazy bear that eats all day (sexy sad house wife type), a hyperactive Tiger (drug abuser) and a scared piggy with no self esteem or guts. Not to mention the "meh" donkey, that could not care less. He is your neighbour that can't pay the rent, eats pizza every day, works in a pub as a janitor and has rats and no wife.
    And for girls, Barbie dolls. Yes, when you think of Barbie you think: Rich parents, expensive car, no work, shop all day, a bitch and a whore. Yey girls, be Barbie. And by the looks of things, most 10 year olds turn into Barbie and grow up to be the "Mall Cat" or what ever you call them.
    Mall Cat - person of little IQ, self esteem or personality. Likes make up, fake tans and casual sex OR guys with money and muscles.
    But let us look at toys. I sell them now.
    Boy toys: Trucks - truck driver.
    Hammer, saw, screwdriver etc - Builder, car mechanic.
    Tractor bike (small plastic toy that works like a bike, looks like a tractor) - farmer
    And then we have girl toys:
    Iron - house wife
    Dishes and pans - house wife
    Washing machine - house wife
    Cash register - McDonalds cashier.
    Magic wands - princess OR a girl that think life is a fairy tale, WELL IT IS NOT AND YOUR UNCLE DID TOUCH YOU WHEN YOU WERE 5 STOP DENYING IT!!! Oh, where did that come from?

Anyways, adults feed kids a lot of toys and cartoons that make them content with being mediocre (it means average, in case you yourself are mediocre).
    They should re-think this all, and start training geniuses, not janitors.
    Share this post on: reddit

Ghedy

Post 18/8/2010, 2:20 pm by Ghedy

would you really like a world full of geniuses? look at how we live our lives at the mercy of geniuses.. imagine more Very Happy
    Ghedy

Post 18/8/2010, 2:21 pm by Ghedy

Ghedy wrote:would you really like a world full of geniuses? look at how we live our lives at the mercy of geniuses.. imagine more Very Happy
    plus, someone has to do the dirty stuff too Neutral

Last edited by Ghedy on 20/10/2010, 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
    Ramster

Post 18/8/2010, 2:43 pm by Ramster

not everyone CAN be like that, but you have to aim high to get anywhere.

Post 18/8/2010, 3:57 pm by Guest

you know who are the WORST role models?parents.OUR parents.
    Ramster

Post 18/8/2010, 4:03 pm by Ramster

Not for every one. I am talking about what the media is teaching ALL KIDS, not "George's dad is a drunken janitor". Cause George might have a surgeon father, but still his mind is filled "I want to be a trucker"

Post  by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 17/5/2024, 12:51 am